Happy Summer

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy summer.
-Pete, Laurie & Ian

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let the Tapering Begin!!

I ran 11 miles this afternoon. Another first and my only complaint is that my right foot was hurting just a little. Going to have to check the socks. At any rate, today's run marks the official end to the climb and the beginning of the downhill to race day. I can't wait to run where it is flat!

The big news around here is that Obama is holding a rally in Harrisonburg (at JMU) on Tuesday. We are very excited to have a chance to see him in person!!

2 comments:

MariaD said...

Laurie,

I searched for you on the Internet, and found your blog. How wonderful! I was discussing the state of math ed research and practice on a forum today, and the conversation turned to our graduate school experiences, so I recalled you, fondly, and decided to check on you. Good to see you and the family doing well and having running and sailing adventures. You are the director of everything at the university - yay!

Just wanted to give you some virtual hugs and kudos. We did some symmetry and 2d transformation work in the math clubs I ran, and came up with snowflake-making software. I made a snowflake for you, but I can't put the widget in your blog, so here is the link to mine ;-) http://www.naturalmath.com/index.php?option=com_jd-wp&Itemid=88888917&p=64

C.Walter said...

Here's a link to some race news. Can you beat 63 minutes? :)

I'll be sure and touch base with you this week!

See you guys soon!

http://outerbanksfreepress.com/marathon08.html